CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Well it's, Sunday morning and i got up early shoveled about 2more inch's of snow and went to stake priesthood meeting at 8:00 good ha!!!!!!!!!!! Jonna said she is still waiting for something on this blog thing, so here is what I'm thinking of this morning . O by the way i worked all day yesterday (Saturday) trying to make Jonna's wants come true??? Been studying the lesson for priesthood this morning and read something that I would like share with all of my loved one's That I would like all to read. This is a test to see what you feel and what happens to you when you read it. During the hot and sultry afternoon of June 27,1844, a mob with blackened faces stormed the jail and murdered Joseph and Hyrum Smith. About three hours later, Willard Richard and John Taylor, who had been in the jail with the martyrs, sent a melancholy message to Nauvoo: "Carthage Jail, 8:05 o'clock.m. June 27th,1844. Joseph and Hyrum are dead.........The job was done in an instant. At the age of 38 the prophet Joseph Smith had sealed his testimony with his blood. His work in mortality completed, the Church and kingdom of god set in place for the last time on earth, Joseph Smith fell to the bullets of assassins. Of the Prophet Joseph Smith the Lord himself testified: "I did call upon {Joseph Smith} by mine angles,my ministering servant's, and by mine own voice out of the heavens,to bring forth my work: which foundation he did lay, and was faithful: and I took him to myself. Many have marveled because of his death but it was needful that he should seal his testimony with his blood that he might be honored and the wicked might be condemned. Now you have to respond and I will tell you the results of the TEST.

8 comments:

Brandi said...

Dad, you sure make me think, and I get so nervous because I feel like I am on trial, and I don’t want to disappoint! Here it goes… I think that all of us at the end of our life will have to seal our death with testimony. We have to have a testimony of the gospel, and what will happen to us in order to understand the afterlife. We have to have a testimony on this earth to WANT to do what is right. If we didn’t have the desire to follow the commandments, then we wouldn’t have the incredible opportunity to return to him someday. I think that Joseph Smith was not only an example of life, but an example of death. His death was not easy, and the persecution was ridiculous, and I think that there is a big lesson to be learned there. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. He will give us trial and tribulations, and it is our decision what we do with them. We can take them “with a grain of salt.” or we can trust our Heavenly Father that we will be with us through it all. I don’t know if I have passed the test, but I will anxiously be awaiting the results…

Kenny said...

Dear Brandi you make a very good point to the test in guestion at hand. Thank you for your comments but the test is, Do You Have A Testiomony of the Prophet Joseph Smith? Please read the statement again (on blog or page 24 of the new Teaching of the Presidents of the Church Joseph Smith) now tell me if you have the chills and your hair on the back of your neck stand on end. If it does then you past the text, if not you have to read till you have that quivering. If you have it everytime you read it then you know that it is true. The test is that I want you girls and your husband's to have the same testimony that we do so please read this manual together and share your thought's with each other, it will do nothing but bring you close, together in everything that you do. Love Always Dad.

Brandi said...

Thanks Dad... I will do just that! I sure do love you. I have to go wipe my tears. Hope you have a great day.

Chantri said...

You are such an inspiration to me. Seriously Dad you are the most amazing man in the whole entire world. I love you so much. Since I didn't get on in time to answer the "test" before the answer...I'll just focus on the challenge...gain a strong testimony of Joseph Smith through reading "Teaching of the Presidents of the Church Joseph Smith". I am excited and I told Stacey about this and he said, "we'll do that, thats good!" (a man of few words.) Maybe this will open him up to some deeper communication!

Well I have to get some cleaning done...Monday Clean Day! :)

Love you tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons...well you get the point! :)
Love ya!

Brandi said...

Thanks so much for coming up here today to help me out! I love you more then I can express... WE REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE YOU AND ALL YOU DO TO MAKE YOUR LITTLE GIRLS HAPPY! YOUR THE BEST DAD!!!

Danielle and Brian said...

Dad its time for a new post!!!

Heather said...

Alright Kenny I think it is time for an update on your busy life. Hope to hear from you soon.
heather

Nicole and Jameson said...

Kenny,
I still haven't seen your new sled. But we need to get to gether and ride. That is if your cat can keep up.
Jameson